Home Shows and Events Clubs, Venues, Locations
Goth Nights and Recurring Events Links
Triangle Clubs and Venues
This page contains actively operating clubs, bars, and other venues that are home in some way to goth/industrial/etc. events, even if that means they hosted one show or club night, that I know of in North Carolina. Closed venues and defunct recurring events can be found on the Closed Clubs and Nights page for historical information. If you know an event that should be listed, or know that an event listed here is now gone, I would appreciate it if you could send me an email.
For more explanation, see How to Get Your Club Listed Here.
For weekly or monthly goth nights and other recurring events, see Goth Nights and Recurring Events.
Shopping recommendations have been moved to the shopping page.
- See Bars For Us - Guide to Raleigh's bars, by topic and interest.
It's sorta goth/industrial/electronic with flashes of Techno/House and
80's music if the DJ is feeling frisky. Nice place, the Men's room has to
be seen to be believed, decent sound system, access to outside porch.
Usually 50 or so people show up, average amount of goth/raver mix $3 at
the door, 18 and up, must have ID. Full bar if you're over 21. club website.
- Disco Rodeo
(Formerly known as the Ritz, changed names in February 2003.) Hosts a variety of acts. Capacity of 2,400.
3011 Hillsborough St, Raleigh, NC 27607-5434. Telephone (919) 832-4541
- Lincoln Theatre
Downtown Raleigh, 126 E. Cabarrus Street. Telephone 821-4111.
- Lump Gallery
- Five-Star (citysearch)
- The Brewery
Hillsborough St phone 838-6788.
(Closed early 2004, reopened May 2004)
14 W. Martin St, Raleigh NC 27601 - 919.828.7622.
- Berkeley Cafe
- The Pourhouse
- Volume 11 Tavern (V11 myspace)
- Meymandi Concert Hall
- Slim's Downtown
- The Ruby Red
Chapel Hill & Carrboro
- Cat's Cradle
- Cat's Cradle Back Room (capacity 160)
- The Station at Southern Rail
201-B East Main Street, Carrboro, NC 27510.
- Local 506
506 W. Franklin Street, Chapel Hill NC.
Coming from Raleigh, take I-40 West, then take exit 270 (15-501/Durham-Chapel
Hill Blvd.), turn left at the end of ramp and keep going until you see Franklin
St. veering off to the right. Take Franklin St. and drive almost all the way to
Carrboro, but not quite. The Local 506 will be on the right. It is next to
India Palace Restaurant, I think.
Coming from Greensboro and such, take I-40 East and turn RIGHT at the end of the
ramp of exit 270, and then everything else is the same as above.
- Hillsborough Roadhouse Co-Op
621 Hillsborough Road, Carrboro NC 27510. For more information write triangle_collective or
call 919-932-6493 (venue) or 919-942-STUN (venue).
- Skylight Exchange
405 1/2 W Rosemary St, Chapel Hill NC 27516. Phone: (919) 933-5550
- Nightlight - the Skylight Exchange after dark.
- ArtsCenter - next to the Cat's Cradle.
- The Cave
- Jack Sprat Cafe - 161 E. Franklin Street, Chapel Hill, between Sutton's Drug Store and Franklin St. Pizza &
- Caffe Driade
- Tutto Mondo - 1820 South Blvd, Charlotte NC, (beside the Pewter
Rose), telephone (704) 332-5142. across the street from Oleen's.
- TILT (formerly the Liquid Lounge)
Used to have a goth DJ. Nothing of interest as of July 2003.
- Visulite Theatre
- Breakfast Club - An
'80s club opened new year's 2003 in Charlotte. thursday night is the night to go
there its more new wave but you get the goth crowd.Its is run by Jody from
the baha club with christian (from the Pterodactyl and baha) djing.
- southend performing arts center
201 rampart st. - near tremont music hall. (map)
- The Breakfast Club
- Jeff's Bucket Shop
1601 Montford Dr. Charlotte N.C. 28209.
- A Jarrell Afair
- Prevue Lounge
2909 N. Davidson St., Charlotte NC 28205.
- Charlotte's Underground
4205 Monroe Road, Charlotte, NC 28205. Home to Return of the Bats monthly goth night for Sept 2008.
- The Garden and Gun Club
- The Fillmore
820 Hamilton Street Charlotte, NC> Phone (704) 549-5555. (Tickets link)
- Damnit Janet Nightclub
3746 N. Davidson St., Charlotte, NC, 28205. (Facebook group)
- The Closet
- Wine Up in NoDa (Upstairs at...)
3306 N. Davidson St., Charlotte, NC 28205
Other Clubs in North Carolina:
- Asheville - The Orange Peel
- Asheville - The Crow and Quill
- Asheville - Hairspray
- Asheville - Stella Blue
- Asheville - The Grey Eagle
- Asheville - The Mill Room Asheville Brewing Company's new venue behind Asheville Pizza on Coxe downtown, at 66 Asheland Avenue. Full bar with mixed drinks, great local beers and more, a large open dance floor that fits 300 concert goers, and a raised stage.
- Boone - Geno's Sports Bar 1785 Highway 105 South, Boone, NC. (828) 264-1000.
- Boone - Black Cat
- Boone - Flipside
421 Blowing Rock Rd, Boone NC, 828 268 9683.
- Clayton - The Coffee Mill
- Fayetteville - Black Cat Lounge
- Fayetteville - The Rockshop
128 S. King Street, Fayetteville, NC 28301
- Fayetteville - Alias
984 Old McPherson Church Road, Fayetteville, NC 28303. Telephone 910-484-7994.
(The old Neo's location is now Alias.)
- Fayetteville - Candy's Sports Bar, 4939 Bragg Blvd. (910) 826-9098. near R's Rocks and Gems and the old Fantasy Club
- Fayetteville - Jester's Pub - 6577 Fisher Rd., Fayetteville,NC. (910) 423-6100.
- Fayetteville - Duh! SkateZone - 504 N Mcpherson Church Rd, Fayetteville,
NC 28303-4408, (910) 868-3233.
As of Sept 2003, no longer doing live shows.
- Greensboro - Lost Dimensions - short-time to Celebre Noir is closed again as of September 2003.
- Greensboro - The Underground (formerly Ace's
2428 High Point Road (at the Coliseum Inn) Greensboro, NC.
- Greensboro - The N Club
117 S Elm St, Greensboro, NC 27401, (336) 333-9300.
- Greensboro - Somewhere Else Tavern
- Greensboro - Audrey's Lounge - 328 Tate Street, behind Tate Street Billiards
- Greensboro - Broach Theatre - 520 S. Elm Street.
- Greensboro - Club N
- Greenville - Peasant's Cafe, 110 E. 4th St., Greenville, NC. Info 252
- Greensbororo - The Blind Tiger - 1819 Spring Garden Street
- Greenville - P.B's, 513 Contanche Street, Greenville, NC, 252-757-3778.
- Pineville - The Well coffeeshop - 220 Main St, Pineville, NC
28134. Phone: (704)889-4325
Directions: take Hwy 77 South, to the 485 East, take the first exit (South Blvd), turn right at Pineville Matthews Road (Hwy 51), The Well is on the Right, park on the left in the Insurance parking lot.
- Salisbury - Three Fifteen Club, 315 E Council Street.
- Spring Lake (Fayetteville area) - Sinners - 404 W. Manchester Rd, Spring Lake, NC, 28390. Telephone (910) 436-6511.
- Statesville - Shockwave
- Wilmington - Gracies, 121 Grace St. Wilmington NC 28401. Telephone (910) 362-0072.
- Wilmington - The Soapbox
255 North Front Street Downtown Wilmington, North Carolina 28401 (910)-251-8551.
- Wilmington - Juggling Gypsy Cafe
1612 Castle St, Wilmington NC. (910) 763-2223.
- Winston-Salem - The Werehouse is where
Project Space 211 used to be, and where the former Wherehouse was before that.
Directions:Very easy to get to
from the Triangle: 40 to Bus. 40 to 52 N and _immediately_ (you don't
even get out of the merge lane) take the exit for 3rd, 4th, 5th sts.Ê
Left onto 3rd, they're at 211 E. 3rd, the big red brick building on your
right at the corner of 3rd and Patterson, right next to the train tracks.Ê
- Winston-Salem - Morning Dew Coffee House
- Winston-Salem - Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art
- Winston-Salem - Elliott's Revue
701 N Trade St.. After-hours club, open very late, live music often begins at 2am Fridays and Saturdays.
Clubs Outside North Carolina:
Most recent update 26 June 2017.
Back to the main page
Complaints, etc., to Steve.