Home Club & Shopping
Locations Shows & Events
Dining in the Triangle After Dark
So it's dark, and you're hungry - what to do? Where to go?
- CupAJoe coffeehouse on Avent Ferry Road, next to the Mission Valley
theater, is open until 11pm on Sunday and midnight the rest of the week.
The one on Hillsborough closes earlier around 8 or 9pm, but allows smoking inside.
Food: some sandwiches, bagels, huge cookies.
- Sushi Blues on Glenwood Avenue (near Crooked Beat Records) has a sushi
bar that's open late - until
midnight on weeknights, 2am on Friday & Saturday. The sushi is used to be excellent,
the non-sushi (such as the yaki-soba) was wonderful. Both have gone down in
quality, though. Good beer & wine selection. Music is classic jazz & blues (Ella Fitzgerald, BB King),
sometimes at almost club volumes.
- Five Star serves its full menu
until 2am, even on weeknights. They've been known to close the kitchen
sometime after 1:40am on slow nights, but if you get there at 1:30 you can
at least get takeout.
- For pricy sandwiches, the Rockford on Glenwood Ave (next door to
Crooked Beat Records) is also open late.
- IHOP on Hillsborough St is open 24 hours.
- Waffle House on Hillsborough St is open 24 hours.
- Oak City Diner in north Raleigh is open 24 hours.
- Denny's in north Raleigh is open 24 hours.
- Gypsy's Shiny Diner is
open 24 hours on Friday and Saturday. Has east Cary and Garner locations.
- Several of the fast food places on Western Boulevard near the beltline
have their drive-throughs open either late (Wendy's 1-2am), really late
(Miami Subs 4am) or 24 hour (McDonald's).
- The Harris Teeter grocery stores (Cameron Village shopping center,
Western blvd & Buck Jones Rd) tend to stay open 24 hours - except for
closing 11pm-7am Saturday and Sunday nights.
Other Triangle locations
- Cosmic Cantina - huge,
health-conscious Mexican. Open until 3-4am every night.
- Pepper's Pizza - on Franklin Street. Open until at least mid-night.
High hipness quotient.
- Henry's Bistro - open until 2 am. Serves full menu until closing. It's a little pricy.
- Cosmic Cantina
- "the middle eastern place on 9th St" is open until 3am on weekends.
- George's Garage lists its dinner hours as Sun-Thu: 5:30pm-10:30pm and Fri-Sat: 5:30pm-11:30pm
- George's Diner - Open 24 hours, with WiFi soon. Carpe Durham blog post (added 6 May 2009)
Most recent update 6 May 2009.
Back to the main page
Complaints, etc., to Steve.